Monday, February 9, 2009

Property Conveyancing - Advice From Solicitors

Property conveyancing is one of those tricky legal subjects that you can do yourself, but it is better to have a solicitor sort it out for you. Solicitors Leicester offer professional conveyancing services, ensuring that your property transferring is made as simple as possible.

'Conveyancing' is a technical term for the mechanisms of transferring property. A conveyance is a deed that will legally transfer ownership of legal title of any property from one person to another.

Solicitors are recommended so that the transferring will go as smoothly as possible. It is also worth consulting a personally recommended solicitor.

Conveyancing solicitors normally perform any of the following services: obtaining the deed, completing the associated forms the lists of fixtures, fittings and contents, sending out a draft content package to the buyer's solicitor, agreeing a date when the purchase will be completed and exchanging contracts. Due to the complexity involved, this is why a solicitor is recommended.

Although the solicitor does not have to be local to the property, a local professional knows the area and is familiar with local planning restrictions, which can only help when it comes to drafting out an agreement.

Some large estate agents offer an in-house conveyancing service but are usually reluctant to give recommendations as it can lead to a conflict of interest.

When it comes to prices, some are fixed nation-wide prices- they should not vary from solicitor to solicitor. However, some fees will change depending on the solicitor, so it might be best to shop around. Solicitors Leicester offer helpful advice and very competitive fees.

Written by Emma Bamford on behalf of Tyler and Co. Solicitors Solicitors Leicester.

Article Source:

1 comment:

  1. Whenever the valuation of a property is required be it for a purchase, mortgage, or further advance, or before any domestic building work, such as self-build or an extension, is undertaken. The report should be obtained before
    exchange of contracts or any other form of binding obligation.
    probate lawyers


I thank for the comment!