Saturday, February 28, 2009

Getting Compensation For MRSA and Clostridium Difficile

As publicized recently, MRSA and Clostridium difficile or C difficile for short has become the most recent epidemic to reach health care services.

Infections of MRSA often occur in hospitals but can also happen in changing rooms, prisons and gyms.

The symptoms include diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal pain, tenderness, loss of appetite and severe inflammation of the bowel.

Clostridium difficile is a spore forming bacterium which is present as one of the 'normal' bacteria in the gut of up to 3% of healthy adults.

Clostridium difficile rarely causes problem in healthy adults, as it is kept in check by the normal bacterial population of the intestine. It is only when certain antibiotics disturb the balance of bacteria in the gut, will it multiply and produce toxins which then cause illness.

The effects of this illness vary. Some may experience diarrhoea while others may suffer with severe inflammation of the bowel. Other symptoms can include fever, loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal pain or tenderness.

C difficile is a liable to transfer from one person to the next. This is so since those suffering from a C Difficile associated disease shed spores in their faeces. The disease is most commonly spread from the hands of healthcare staff and other people who come into contact with infected patients or with surfaces contaminated with the bacteria or its spores e.g. floors, bedpans and toilets.

Quite often elderly patients over the age of 65 are at a greater risk of contracting the illness.

Many people are often uncertain about claiming compensation for being infected but help is at hand. make it easy to find out if you have a genuine claim by offering a simple online form.

A specialist team of lawyers will be able to look at your case and advise you on the merits of pursuing compensation. The legal team will investigate all the possible causes for your infection and if necessary arrange for you to see a doctor in order to get a full report on your health situation.

You may be able to claim compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of salary, any medical costs and out of pocket expenses.

Getting compensation may not help with the physical and mental pain suffered by the victim and their family but it may help to ease the financial burden which can often have a significant impact in such cases.

A family relation or friend can make the claim on behalf of the person suffering with the infection. All communication is done by email, telephone or mail. There is usually no need for you to ever visit a solicitor's office.

There may be time limits and being able to claim compensation for MRSA or C Difficile so it is best to complete the online form as soon as possible.

If you or a loved one has been infected with either MRSA or C Difficile then complete an online claim form at to find out if you are entitled to compensation.

About the Author
Andrew Bowen is the CEO Pinstripe MRSA Compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank for the comment!