If you have an interest in the eb5 visa as a way to get to the United States, there are a few steps you need to take to prepare. Fortunately, you can do most with little help from others. Considering that the eb5 visa program will likely allow you to get to this country within a year, the preparations are minuscule compared to what you will receive.
1. Get in contact with an experienced immigration attorney. He or she should be able to provide a free consultation in which you will be given advice about whether your business plan is sound enough to use. Many Regional Centers require a fee to apply, aside from obtaining $500,000 to $1 million. It would be a shame to get this money and not have a business plan that's up to par, so speaking with an immigration attorney is a helpful first step.
2. Refine your business plan. Even if the immigration attorney you meet with deems your plan appropriate, he or she will likely point out some room for improvement. Most people don't get it right on the first try, especially if this is your first ever business plan. Making sure it is as close to perfect as possible is important before attending the official meeting that will determine if you are approved for the eb5 program. A great business plan can go a long way.
3. Consider where you want to set up your business. If you have $1 million to invest and a unique business plan that can work anywhere, you can pick from any area in the country to set up your business. However, if you plan to invest only $500,000, you will need to choose a Regional Center. You can find at least one in nearly all fifty states, and the even better news is that you do not always have to live near your business when you use a Regional Center. In fact, you can live across the country from it if you choose not to participate in the everyday operations.
4. Make sure you can get the funds. While the eb5 visa does not require that you earn the money, you must show that you obtained it legally. It can be a gift, a loan, or your life savings, but you need to be able to prove that it is legally yours.
5. Select a lawyer and start the process. You might choose to go to a few free consultations first, but you should choose an immigration attorney to help you get started once your business plan looks professional. You might even decide to pay a retainer fee each month to constantly have their advice on hand.
Your selected lawyer will tell you what the next steps are. Getting started is often the most difficult part of the process. Following these preliminary steps can help you at least get started.
For more information on the EB5 visa visit http://eb-5investorgreencard.com website for information on obtaining an EB-5 visa.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lisa_Goldberg