Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Drinking & Driving is a Serious Offense

They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And I would love for that to happen. I am currently in a jail cell with some creepy guy. I was caught drinking and driving and now my Las Vegas DUI lawyer tells me I am facing hard time. I am freaking out; I don't want to go to jail. I would get destroyed in there. It is not like I killed anyone or stole anything. I am not like that at all. I am just some guy who came out here for the weekend to forget his worries and ended up talking with a Las Vegas DUI Attorney, after I crashed my rental while I was hammered. I am not a criminal, I just made one little mistake, just one.

However, I am facing a heavy fine, some jail time, and a lot of community service. I am not looking forward to it. I live in California, so I have to come back to Las Vegas for my court date. To make it even worse I lost my right to drive so now my friends have to take me. They rip on me so much, I can barely stand it.

The hearing went well my lawyer brought my prison sentence down from a month to a week. However, I still have to do 200 hours of community service. I plan on working in my local soup kitchen and mentoring a troubled student. It is going to take a while. I also have to pay 20,000 dollars. I have no idea how I am going to afford that. That is a fifth of my salary. My life is going to be a lot harder now that I have to take care of all this. I hope I can get through it.

I even lost my license. I have to take this driving course if I ever want to get it again. Now I am always bumming rides from my friends or catching the bus. It is such a hassle not being able to drive my own car. I feel like a child; it's so demeaning. I took the class to get my license back. It was 8 hours of a monotonous guy talking about driver responsibility and the consequences of drunk driving. We were shown punishments in other countries for drunk driving. They are much harsher than they are here. One country even executes drunk drivers. I guess I am lucky to live in the US because I do not want to get killed for one little mistake.

The reasons why I was drinking are numerous. Recently my fiancé and I were planning our wedding; however, she left me for my brother. Yes my brother! I admit I shed a few tears. They moved to New York and I will have to face then this Thanksgiving when we all come together as a family. I am going to kill him. Also I got fired from my job. Luckily I found a job pretty easily, but I was panicky for a while. This strip of bad luck caused me even more pain and misery than I was in, I just want this to blow over.

Chuck Stewart recently spent time researching the cases of Las Vegas DUI Attorney. He is helping a co-worker choose a Las Vegas DUI Lawyer for an upcoming case.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Chuck_R_Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank for the comment!